Trees/When Hackberry tree sap stops for the fall

When do I know that my hackberry trees this fall have stopped their sap from falling? I want to pay a firm to clean my roof, deck and concrete drive, etc from the black tar sap and aphids, but I do not want to do bear this expense until I know the sap and aphids are over for this winter.Thank you for addressing this question.

Mike Bates
cell# (24x7)&

Not knowing where on the US you are I would generally say when the leaves fall off the tree is dormant and will out produce any more sap flow until Spring.  I would treat the tree with Bayer Advanced Tree and Shrub insect Control next Spring . This will keep the aphids under control for the whole growing season and stop the dripping from the aphids. Check with your local garden type store for the Bayer produce.  

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

34 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator