Trees/Fast growing shade trees for Plumas Co., Northern California

Question
Can you suggest what types of fast growing shade trees grow best in Northern California?  We live in the small town of Greenville, in Plumas County.  We have had to remove our large Junipers and may have to remove our Dougfir now due to roots coming out of ground and it it leaning toward our home.  That I'd our only tree left and will be in desperate need of shade so we'd like something fast growing that will give us some shade.  Thank you.

Answer
Without knowing your local conditions it will be difficult to give you one tree that will grow fast their. Here is a list that you might consider. I would check with your local tree nursery for their recommendations for your area.
Fast growing trees:
American Sycamore
Tulip Poplar
Eucalyptus Tree
Hybrid Poplar
Dawn Redwood

There are more but the best source of local information would be a good local tree nursery.

Trees

Jim Hyland