Trees/tree identification

A tree with cordate leaves. At night the cordate leaves turn inward.Almost hugs the branch. Seed pods are what make this tree unusual. They are round with 12 seed compartments.At tip of each compartment there is pointed spikes.If you look at the seed pod from the top down it resembles a spoked wheel,in fact it is a perfect sphere.

Not too much to go on here, picture would help. But I tinink it is a sandbox tree.  Hura crepitans, the sandbox tree, also known as possumwood and jabillo, is an evergreen tree of the spurge family, native to tropical regions of North and South America, including the Amazon Rainforest..  

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

34 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator