Trees/my dogwood

Question
Hi -- thanks for the reply -- here's more info -- it was not bulaped- it was in a container -- the hole was definitely large enough -- the tree just seems to be shaky --it is growing fine otherwise -so I have staked it -- just thought there might be something more to do

Answer
I would fertilize it after leaf fall. This will increase the root growth. Fertilize with 10-10-10 fertilizer at the rate of 1 lb. per inch of trunk diameter scattered around the tree and watered in good. Apply the fertilizer just before a rain event and you will noy need to water. That and the bracing should help the tree grow the root system.  

Trees

Jim Hyland