Trees/Scared to plant a tree!

Question

I'm a new homeowner and my front yard is screaming for trees and a garden. I have a list if trees I'm considering but scared that they'll damage the water line. The city said the water line is 1 metre (about 3 1/2 ft) underground. I'm just learning about taproots and don't know if these trees have them or if the more shallow roots go down >3 feet! Hope you can help! I don't know if this is relevant but the area I live in is zone 6-7. Here's my list and thank you in advance!:

-Persian Plum Prunus cerasifera 'Pissardii or Krauter Vesuvius Plum or Thundercloud Plum
- Autumn Blaze Pear Tree or Aristocrat Pear or Chanticleer Pear
-Golden rain tree (Koelreuteria paniculata) not the laburnum one
-Akebono Cherry tree
-Syringa reticulata Ivory Silk Japanese Tree Lilac.
-Blue Chinese Wisteria - Tree Form
-Autumn Brilliance Serviceberry
-Cercis canadensis, 'Forest Pansy' or Eastern Redbud
-Royal Purple Smoke Tree
-ACER RUBRUM KARPICK
-Dove Tree, Handkerchief Tree Davidia involucrata
-Harry Lauder Walking Stick Tree Corylus avellana Contorta

Answer
Water pipes are sealed and tree roots will not effect them Very rarely do tree roots up lift water pipes and this would be something like maybe an oak tree not not fruit or flower trees. And this would be where the pipes were near the soil surface.  I can not see that you would have any problems with your tree and water lines. IF the roots can near the lines they would just grow around the pipe and cause no problem. Sewer lines can be invaded IF they are septic tank type. Regular sewer lines are sealed and are not a problem unless they leak.
I would select the tree that fits your purpose--color, shade flowers etc. And do not worry about the water lines. IF they are 3 1/2 feet deep there will be no problem with root systems. Even tap root trees, the root will grow around the pipes. I see no problem with the species you named. Go for it!!

Trees

Jim Hyland