Trees/Yoshino Cherry Tree Roots

Question
I planted a Yoshino Cherry tree 10-12 yrs ago around 5-6 feet away from my underground electrical.  I can see a large root surfacing in that area and then going back down, should these roots "push" on my underground electrical enough to dislodge it from where it connects to my breaker box?

Answer
No this will not be a problem. Under ground electric lines are usually 3feet or more deep. The root are in the first 2 feet under the trunk and are shallower out from the tree trunk. That far away it will not be a problem. We just removed a tree and replaced it and it was on top of under ground lines 24 inches deep. The lines were not damaged . I would not expect the tree roots to harm the wire in any way.  

Trees

Jim Hyland