Trees/Catalpa tree

Question
Hello.  We have a small catalpa tree that was a volunteer (we did not plant it).  It is doing well. The  place  we are in recently had the street black topped and the tree is on the edge of the street.  We don't see any damage etc. but  just wondering is there is something we should do in lieu of this. Also, how often should we water this tree?  We live in So. Oregon.  Thanks!

Answer
There are several questions I would have about this tree. How Far "is on the edge of the street" ? Catalpa is a pretty large tree and the limbs may hang over the street and/or the roots may uproot the pavement. This will depend on the distance from the street. Also how "small" is the tree? Is it small enough to transplant to another location? Watering it should not be a problem unless the pavement is covering up to the tree. In that case it is too close and should be taken down or moved. If you can help me out with these questions I think I can give you some advise. A picture may also help. Thanks

Trees

Jim Hyland