Trees/Honey locus tree

Question
We have many thorny honey locus trees that we are removing from our property due to the thorns. I found one that I can not find any thorns on that I hope to keep. Can this seemingly thornless tree produce new honey locus trees with thorns?

Answer
There are varieties of locus that do not have thorns. These are usually breed in nurseries but there is not any reason one could not have been naturally crossed in the wild. I would keep it if you want a locus and see what develops. IF it has thorns later you can always remove it then. It is worth the time to see and let it grow.  

Trees

Jim Hyland