Trees/Oak Trees

I am having trouble with oak trees falling. They look healthy but when they fall, they are decaying inside. I have had two to fall very close to my house. I have wooded area in the back and on one side. Are they some way to tell problem trees, as I have a lot of oak trees. I walked in my woods and found there are about 5 more oak trees have falling. What is happening to oak trees?
Thanks, Virginia

This can be a complicated process. But here is a web link to information about Hazard tree and how to determine them.  I would call the Tennessee State Forestry agency and ask one of their Foresters to check the tree for you--this is a free service if available.

Here is a web link to the Tenn. Forestry Urban Forester if they can not help they can give you the number of your local Forester.

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

34 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator