Trees/large 15 year old sycamore tree

This tree is about 12 feet from water and sewer lines and there are large roots near the surface.Does this root system cause problems with the underqround utility lines?

I am sorry but yes sycamore tree roots seek water and if there is a leak in the sewer lines the roots will get into the line. Unless you have sentimental value too this tree I would suggest that you think about removing it before it gets too big to handle. Sorry I am sure that is not what you wanted to hear.

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

34 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator