Trees/evergreen tree removal

Question
Hi approximately 6 foot away from our house I have 25 foot evergreen tree which I would like to remove in such away that no damage is caused to the house foundations or the property. Could you please give us some advice on how to do this thank you.

Answer
Evergreen trees will not sprout after you cut them like hardwood trees will so you really do not need to dig the stump or roots up to keep new sprouts from growing. I would not dig the stump and roots up and that way you will not have a concern with damage to the house foundation. Instead I would cut the stump as low to the ground as possible and either cover it with soil or IF there is a company that grinds stumps near you have them grind the stump down about 6-12 inches below the ground surface and then cover with soil. Either method will work and over time the stump will decay away.  

Trees

Jim Hyland