Trees/weepimg cherry tree

Question
We have a five year old Weeping Cherry tree that we think may be in trouble. There doesn't seem t be an new limb development and the leaves are sparse,  and tend to grow only on the ends of branches. A few may be dropping off.  Is there any thing that can stimulate the leaf and limb development??  Your help is greatly appreciated.  RL

Answer
I would try fertilizing it with 10-10-10 fertilizer at the rate of 1 lb. of fertilizer per inch of trunk diameter scattered around the tree and watered in good. IF you apply the fertilizer just before a rain storm you will not have to water. Also make sure that a product called Weed and Feed is not used near the tree. This contains a herbicide that will kill trees. The fertilizer will stimulate root growth and in turn leaf production.
Willow trees need more water than most trees so during dry periods I would water the tree. Use 1 inch of water per week--place a pan under the tree and turn the sprinkler on and when the pan has 1 inch of water in it stop.  

Trees

Jim Hyland