Trees/weeping cherry

Just asked a question about the lack of eaves and branches on my weeping Cherry tree .  Just looked at it again and I think the leaves are too small, and appear to be drooping.  Also, there may be some black spots appearing.

Since the leaves are small it may be that it is a little late leafing out.
The spots sounds like a leaf spot fungi.  They really do not cause much health problem for the tree. If you want to treat the spots you will need spray the new foliage with a fungicide for leaf spots.

Spraying three times at two-week intervals with a copper fungicide (Hi-Yield Copper Fungicide, Ferti-lome Black Spot %26 Powdery Mildew Control) or mancozeb (Bonide Mancozeb Flowable, Southern Ag Dithane M-45, or Dragon Mancozeb Disease Control) starting when the leaves begin to unfurl in spring will provide control. Spray until all the leaves have fully expanded usually about three applications will work. Read and follow all directions on the label. Check with your local garden type store for these products  

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

34 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator