Trees/weeping cherry

Question
Just asked a question about the lack of eaves and branches on my weeping Cherry tree .  Just looked at it again and I think the leaves are too small, and appear to be drooping.  Also, there may be some black spots appearing.

Answer
Since the leaves are small it may be that it is a little late leafing out.
The spots sounds like a leaf spot fungi.  They really do not cause much health problem for the tree. If you want to treat the spots you will need spray the new foliage with a fungicide for leaf spots.

Spraying three times at two-week intervals with a copper fungicide (Hi-Yield Copper Fungicide, Ferti-lome Black Spot %26 Powdery Mildew Control) or mancozeb (Bonide Mancozeb Flowable, Southern Ag Dithane M-45, or Dragon Mancozeb Disease Control) starting when the leaves begin to unfurl in spring will provide control. Spray until all the leaves have fully expanded usually about three applications will work. Read and follow all directions on the label. Check with your local garden type store for these products  

Trees

Jim Hyland