Trees/Mayday Tree Frozen Leaf Buds

Question
We had some very warm weather early this spring my Mayday tree
started to bud. It then got very cold. My tree was looking like it was going to start leafing but now it just sitting like its dormant.
The buds are green inside but its not doing anything for like two weeks now.Would the cold damage the buds, will it die?

Thanks
Jim

Answer
Most hardwood trees can re foliate after the leaves have been killed back. Since the buds are still green I would wait you should see new foliage within the next month. The cold probably did damage the buds but I thin it will recover just give it time.  

Trees

Jim Hyland