Trees/Aspen suckers let to grow

Question
my 7' tall hybrid aspen died this spring. I have let three suckers coming from the dead base grow thinking i could have a clump of trees. So far the suckers have grown about 5' this summer. Is this a good idea or should i remove everything?

Answer
If you want the aspen tree then yes the sprouts will be come a tree. If you do not want the several trunks near each other then this Fall select the tallest and straightest and cut the others. You could wait until spring to make sure they survive the winter. But yes these can be new trees. Aspen sprouts and many people will grow new trees from these sprouts.  

Trees

Jim Hyland