Trees/raywood ash

Question
Hello.  We had a company come out in 2011 and plant 2 raywood ash trees in our backyard.  They are placed on our grass area which gets water quite a bit during the summer.  Needless to say, the trees have not grown very big.  We planted one ourselves and they said it was suffering from gurgling.  We need your help.

Answer
If you are talking about root girdling here is some information on this problem and solutions. http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/1000/1139.html

I would fertilize the trees with 10-10-10 fertilizer at the rate of 1 lb per inch of trunk diameter scattered around the trunk and watered in good. Apply the fertilizer just before a rain storm and you will not have to water it in. This should increase the growth of the tree.  

Trees

Jim Hyland