Trees/Spectracide and trees

Question
I use a mixture of 4 ounces of Spectracide per gallon to spray at the base of my fence. The neighbors have some kind of tree that the Forestry Service said some years ago to not plant as they have a tendency to take over.  Those 3 trees are dead or dying and they are blaming me using Spectracide.  At this concentration I have used it around ALL my shrubs and the fence line along my other neighbor's shrubs, and nothing has been damaged in the least.  I must also add that this particular tree is dying all over northcentral Florida, but but these neighbors refuse to believe it or even investigate.  What do you think?  Did I kill their trees?  (I use Spectracide very sparingly from a sprayer and only directly on the weeds themselves - after all, I don't want to kill my shrubs or anyone else's!)  Thank you!v

Answer
Spectracide is the brand name what is the chemical. I assume it is a herbicide not an insecticide. Look on the container and it will have the active ingredient. This will let me know if it will kill the tree. Some are contact herbicides and others a soil born.  And write back. Thanks  

Trees

Jim Hyland