I recently found this in my woods after vines had been cut down. Never seen anything like it before. I have tried to send a picture on this but it's not letting me upload. If you could send me an e mail maybe i can send attachment that way thank you

This looks like one of the Jelly Fungi. These are the fruiting bodies of the fungi. Most are decay type fungi that break down dead material. When it is wet weather the fungi will "blossem" these jelly like structures. These are where the spores of the fungi are and are used to spread the fungi to other dead materila. Usually this type of fungi is not seen until the weather conditions are right for the jelly substance. It will not harm living trees. There are many different ones and from the picture I could not determine which species this is. I hope this helps.  

Jim Hyland

I am an expert in Forestry, Forest Entomology, Forest Pest Control, and Forest Health. Extensive knowledge in Identification of insects and diseases of trees. Expert on Bark beetles and other insects that attack forests. Also a Registrated Forester with extensive knowledge in the management and care of forests.

34 years as State Pest Management Chief in a Southern state. Extensive knowledge in Forestry.

BS with major in Forest Management and Entomology
Registered Forester
Certified Pesticide Appicator