Trees/Autumn Blaze leaf scorch

Question
Autumn Blaze leaf scorch
Autumn Blaze leaf scor  
I live in  the north end of the Sacramento valley- it gets hot here- into the triple digits and soes not rain from May to October most years. . This year in June we had a heat wave. I had changed the watering program for my Autumn Blaze tree and it developed leaf scorch on the newest growth.  I think I have remedied that- will the tree be ok next year and will there be new growth now in August? We have warm dry weather thru October.

Answer
I would make sure you water with 1 inch of water twice a week. Place a pan under the tree and turn the sprinkler on and when the pan has 1 inch of water in it stop. Do this every three days. Hardwood trees can drop leaves and re-foliate with no effect on the health of the tree. It should leaf out just fine next spring and will be ok.  

Trees

Jim Hyland