You are here:

Triumph Repair/MG Midget with 32/26 Weber


Gordon wrote at 2015-12-30 04:05:47
Hi. I know this is a few years late but I've got first hand experience with the weber down draft carb and the oil coming out the dipstick in my 1980 spitfire. What I did is drill and tap the intake manifold under the carb and install a positive crankcase valve in-line to the valve cover. My engine is re-built and I too was worried about blow-by but all is well. You must install heavy wall PVC hose or it will collapse like I did at first using heater hose.

Triumph Repair

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Howard M. Fitzcharles III


Triumph TR-4 up & Spitfire, and Engine theory


Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000

©2017 All rights reserved.