Triumph Repair/1976 TR6 Turn Signal Problem

Question
My TR6 signals shut off automatically after I turn left but I have to turn them off with the lever after I turn right.  Do I need to install a new switch assembly or is there some other component that turns the signal off after the steering wheel is turned and returns to normal position?

Thanks,

John

Answer
Hi John,

First remove the turn signal switch and look at the two spring loaded tabs the kick the turn signal switch off and note the ridge on the sleeve on the steering shaft that kicks the switch off when the wheel is turned.

If one of the ears is broken off of the switch and you can't repair it, you will have to replace the switch.

Howard

Triumph Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III