Triumph Repair/Smoking Spitfire 1500

Question
Hi Howard,
Thanks for this advice. The oil feed to the head was an additional add on to increase oil to the head. All I have done is remove that add on. The head is still supplied with oil by the normal route. Sorry for the confusion!

Okay, I'll drain the petrol and replace with high octane rated fuel and check the float levels. Will let you know.

Thanks again,
Chris

Answer
Ok, if the original oil hole through the block and head is open and you see oil to the rockers it is ok.
Let me know about the jets returning up with the choke off and the floats and float levels.
With the chokes off look at the top of the jets with the pots off and note how deep the jets are recessed down. They should both look the same and not be any more recessed then about 1/8 inch down by sight.
Don't forget to check the float chamber vents to see that they are clear. After everything is set (timing etc.) and you are ready to adjust the jets let me know and I will cover my procedure for jet adjustment which differs from the books.

Howard

Triumph Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III