Triumph Repair/Heater Assembly

Can you please provide detail information on removing the heater assembly a 74 Triumph TR-6?
Thanks, Michael

Hi Michael,

No small job. You should have a service manual to do the job but roughly you have to remove the dash, the tunnel trim pads, vent hoses, heater hoses, control cable, wires from the switch including the ground wire and the glove box then you can remove the heater box by the one nut securing it to the bulkhead and the three bolts securing it to the plenum.

I am guessing you have a heater core problem? I would be sure it is not just a connection of a heater hose as this is a lot of work.

Triumph Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III

Triumph TR-4 up & Spitfire, and Engine theory

Dealership line mechanic on MG, Triumph, Jaguar for 15 years, Instructor in commercial mechanics school 2 yr. Product information manager for piston and valve manufacture, Instructor & hotline answer man for import car parts importer 15 yrs.

Associate member SAE EAA member

Import Car magazine

ASE Master Auto with L-1 certification up to 2000