Triumph Repair/triumph spitfire differential repair

Question
Hi Howard,
thanks for the information you supplied on the subject matter for me, it worked perfectly.

Is it possible that you can also help with my 1958 Frog eye Healy?
The left hand front wheel has excessive positive camber, as there is no adjustment possible is there any other way to get the wheel straight?

Thanks in advance

Answer
Hi Albert,

It is very difficult to get positive camber on a Mk 1 Sprite. It is easy to get negative camber as any excess ware on any of the lower "A" frame bushings or the lower trunion bushing on the king pin. The only way I can think that you can get an excess positive camber is to have the king pin in the lower trunion turned around back wards. Making the lower king pin ofset to the inside. (I don't think it can even be put together that way) look at the lower offset in the king pin and look at it on the other side that is more correct to see if it looks right.

The most likely is that the upper trunion is turned 180 degrees out and it is holding the upper part of the king pin towards the out side instead of the inside where it belongs.

If everything is installed correctly you will need to measure the length of the shock arm and compare it with the one on the other side to see if the wrong shock was installed and measure the length of the "A" frame also.

Let me know,
Howard  

Triumph Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III