Triumph Repair/1966 Mark2 spitfire crashpad removal

Question
can you tell me how many fixings hold this in. I can only find the demister vent fixing but think there should be more. Can you help
Thanks

Answer
Hi Sid,

It's been a long time since I worked on the dash pad on the older Spitfire but as I remember it was about the same as the MK 3 on.
You have to remove the lower pads and then remove the heater control knobs by their set screws. Then remove the center control panel and pull it out far enough to unplug the lights and wires. Then remove the right and left wood panels. Remove the ash tray and the ash tray case by bending the tabs out of the way.
The top crash pad has 6 nuts holding it down to the body.

Howard

Triumph Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III