Triumph Repair/Spitfire chassis

Question
I have a 76 Spitfire 1500 with badly rusted frame, but balance of car good. Have opportunity to buy a 73 chassis, listed as 73 model year with FM... engine number. Other than bumper extensions, do you know if frames are same size?
Thank-you.

Answer
SpitFrame1
SpitFrame1  

SpitFrame2
SpitFrame2  
Hi Mike,

Enclosed are two photos. SpitFrame1 and SpitFrame2. SpitFrame 1 is 1968 to the 1974 models and Spit Frame 2 is 1975 on to 1980 Spitfire. You can examine the data to see if any of the differences are of any problem.

I have only had one body off of a Spitfire and that was 30 years ago so I don't remember much of it. You should be able to look at all the suspension mounts and body mounts to see if there is a major problem switching frames.

Howard

Triumph Repair

Howard M. Fitzcharles III