Trombone/Elkhart Trombone

Doctor Antiquity wrote at 2013-12-28 01:51:58
I also have an Elkhart trombone with the Elks Head inside the heart on the bell with the words Band Inst. Co. and the weight has Elkhart inside a heart. It is possible that these "bones" are manufactured before the fire that destroyed the original factory. The "new" factory was state of the art for its time, circa 1917.It had an electrical generator powered by a furnace and a production line that used belt drive for its machinery. There are some pictures of postcards from the New Factory on Daniel Oberloh's site. He is a master repair tech out of Seattle, Wa.I hope this helps! Play On!

Colin Murray

I can answer about trombone equipment (instruments, mouthpieces, used horns, etc) and trombone (especially bass trombone) playing. If I don't know right away, I have an extensive network of experts to call on. I can't help you get a date.

25 years as professional bass trombonist (playing in big bands,orchestras, theatre, etc), 20 years as brass repair technician and retail and wholesale sales. Bass trombone instructor at Humber College, Toronto. Creator of website - all about brass and woodwind gear and the people behind it.

National Association of Music Merchants, American Federation of Musicians, International Trombone Association

B.Mus, L.Mus (Performance) McGill University, Montreal