tim denler wrote at 2011-07-22 22:11:27
They do have a serial numbered list for trumpet and trombone looking at the serial number you have I would say that was probably made in 1936 the serial number was says trumpet but if you go by the shell number list for trombone it's pretty much the same. I feel that $500 is a very low estimate

wilhelm wrote at 2014-01-03 22:11:24
Hi Colin and Thomas,

i have a selmer bolero trombone. According to the serial no, i got from paris the info, that the trombone was made in oct, 1963.

it is a very fine instrument

Colin Murray

I can answer about trombone equipment (instruments, mouthpieces, used horns, etc) and trombone (especially bass trombone) playing. If I don't know right away, I have an extensive network of experts to call on. I can't help you get a date.

25 years as professional bass trombonist (playing in big bands,orchestras, theatre, etc), 20 years as brass repair technician and retail and wholesale sales. Bass trombone instructor at Humber College, Toronto. Creator of website - all about brass and woodwind gear and the people behind it.

National Association of Music Merchants, American Federation of Musicians, International Trombone Association

B.Mus, L.Mus (Performance) McGill University, Montreal