Tropical Plants/eurica palms

I cutoff some palms from a mother tree which is 20 ft tall 4 ft around.  transplanted the pieces I cut off they had roots on them it was'nt a full root ball but there were plenty of roots. Will tese take or did I waste my time. They are going trough a shock time right now. They are not happy.Also do I lay off the watering a little for these to take hold. Thanx for your help if ou have any

Hi Mona, first its an "Areca Palm" and you really need to get a section of the parents root section for successful transplant....just a segment with a few roots won't do. Try cutting down into the outside section of the Palm and excise several canes with root section intact,,,these will transplant successfully. Nick  

Tropical Plants

Nick McCann

broad spectrum knowledge in the field of tropical plants;

I am a certified Master Gardner in Florida (8years)

Master Gardner Association of Charlotte County Florida

Master Gardner training....accredited each year with required seminars and educational training.