Truck Repair/cummins b hard start

what causes hard start with white smoke, not the lift pump

White smoke is normally caused by air in your fuel. Would probably start by changing your filters if you haven't. Then would run the truck off of fuel in a bucket. If that fixes it would check your pickup tubes in the tanks. If that doesn't would disconnect your return line and let it run in a bucket. if it has bubbles more then likely looking at injector o-rings or cups. If the overhead has been run recently would double check that it was set right. Any more questions let me know.
Thanks Jeff

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.