Truck Repair/oil discharge

I have Cummins 600. When the motor gets to a certain temp.(during work)it will began to spit out oil. It used to have some type of filter or evaporater but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Can I completely stop the discharge of oil or vapor? If I could send u a pic it might b easier for u to understand. Thank you so much for ur time.

Sounds like your talking about your blowby pipe that comes out of your valve cover. You can't seal that off it has to vent to the outside. if you were to seal it off ive seen them blow the dipstick out of its hole and the oil fill plug. ive even seen it cause gaskets to start leaking. the pressure in your crankcase has to be relieved. If you can give me your serial # off your engine i can see if cummins lists a canister. you could also build your own. you need to make a can with a drain on the bottom and 2 hose fittings on top one for your pipe coming off your valve cover and the other too take a hose down for vapor to come out. that way all your oil falls to the bottom of the can.  There is always going to be a little oil coming out if theres alot of oil your head is going to need to be reworked. I normally run the hose down to the height of the bottom of the axle that way any oil falls to the ground before it can get all over the frame and make a mess.  I've seem to remember seeing somewhere a aftermarket company makes a canister too except it has a hose draining back into your oil pan so you never have to empty the canister. if you want me to i can see if i can find that somewhere.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.