Truck Repair/Squeaky pulley/belt

I have a 99 Dakota 5.9 i have a rather annoying squeak... i have removed the ac compressor as the clutch was bad i also installed a new belt... the first few days after belt change no squeak then it started.... idler pulley bearing changed.... squeak seems to be coming from water pump pulley or crank pulley if i apply belt dressing to the flat side of the belt squeak gets louder applying it to the ribbed side stops the squeak for about 15 minutes...Suggestions?

i would check all your pulleys for wear belts will squeal for a few reasons bad belt which you changed, bad idler pulley which you changed, pulley is worn causeing the belt to bottom out in the pulley allowing it to slip. also check to make sure that there isnt't a buildup of rubber in the bottom of the pulley groove. You know its not a bearing because belt dressing silences it for a short period. so has to be a pulley worn or rubber built up in the grooves.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.