Truck Repair/350 big cam spewing oil out exhaust

350 big cam in old k100 leaking oil out exhaust. Turbo was seized so that's been replaced, but oil really pouring out. Thinking its a valve seal, but how is easiest way to test this? Getting ready to pull exhaust mani to find out the cylinder for sure

Looked it up in my rebuild book only way to test it is by pulling the heads and using a cummins tester. Which im sure is expensive. I would send them off to a machine shop and have them tested and reworked. Do have a idea don't know if it would work and there is no measurement to say what would be acceptable. Why couldn't you rotate the engine so both valves are closed. Take a steel plate with a exhaust gasket and bolt it down. Have a hole with a air gauge and and air chuck. Apply a small amount of pressure to the head and watch the reactio on your gauge. Maybe by doing each cylinder one at a time you could tell a difference between whats leaking and whats not. Just a idea i've never tried it myself.  

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.