Truck Repair/autoshift problem

Question
2001 peterbilt 357 10 speed Eaton autoshift c15 475 cat. Truck drives fine then all of a sudden gets stuck in gear loaded. Abs light is also on and service light blinks on transmission shifter box between seat. I turn it off and tried again after waiting it drives again then does it again. Disconnect batteries and wait 20 mins dump my load and head back empty no problem. Get the next load does it again. Any suggestions on this problem.

Answer
The best thing is to locate eatons troubleshooting book. Most of our fleet is autoshifts and they are a pain to diagnose properly. If your wanting to try a quick fix there are three sensors on the autoshift 1 on your tail shaft and 2 on the top plate a lot of times you replace those and your problems will go away. The other thing a eaton rep has told us is theres a capacitor that's inside the computer overtime that goes bad so to avoid replacing the computer their new harness has that built into it. those will be your quick and cheapest fixes without diagnosing through their book. the only two things left after that is a computer which is about $1000 and the xy shifter on top which is about $1000.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm