Truck Repair/desiel truck problem

Question
Hi I have a 96 Ford f250 turbo desiel 7.3 my problem is, recently the check engine light came on and the idle would go lower and be a bit louder and the truck over all Sounds very rough. Also a complete loss of horsepower. If I reved it for a bit then let off it would go away when the rpms came back down. It went away then came back when it got colder out (below freezing) now when I start it it idles fine then the check engine'slight comes on it gets rough (idle) then shuts off. I'm hopeing u can give me an idea of what it is that's wrong with it. And mayb price range to fix I know this is a free site so get back to me when u can plz and thanks.

Answer
I'm sorry can't really help you I don't know what all sensors they put on cars that are different then semi trucks. The cheapest route to go first would be to go to like a autozone they will put their code reader on it on for free and can give you a rough idea if you have a sensor problem or what. with semi trucks you get a rough idle you normally have a injector out. but it doesn't sound like this is the case hear.  

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm