Truck Repair/n-14 fuel problem

changed a bad ijector and also the fuel filter the truck runs good but after it sits for overnight it will lose its prime and wont start how many o rings is there to change on the filter it came with 3 but i only found two to change it has air bubbles in the plastic canister when it is running what do u think is going on      n-14cummings motor

the third o ring is for that plastic ring that's at the bottom of the housing I seldom change that one unless theres a problem. the air bubbles tell you that theres air getting in between your tanks and the filter. my next step would be to fill a 5 gallon bucket up with fuel and disconnect the suction line from your pump and hook a hose into that bucket. start your truck if your still getting air bubbles then its between there in the filter if your not its between there and the tank.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.