Truck Repair/cummins n14

No sure didn't it was all plastic in pan little of metal but just normal wear nothing to be alarmed of right now im going to check the length of it again maybe a smaller piece fell somewhere but the only place it could have is bottom of pan or do you think it have made it way to the gears

I wouldn't think it got over towards the gears. I agree with you it should have fallen straight down into the pan. I Hate to say it but sounds like you need to start tearing it down after each step is done try turning the motor to see if it frees up. I don't have any other idea what could possibly keep it from turning over.  I'm going to throw some stuff off the top of my head that might be a possibility. maybe air compressor has locked up if you got one keeping the main engine from rolling over or the other would be maybe bearings in the accessory drive are bad causing it to lock up. Other then that I would say start tearing it down til you find the source thought maybe a dropped valve but would think you could turn it one way and not the other. I'll look up your serial number and see if that can guide us one way or another.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.