Truck Repair/fault code 254 cummins celect plus

Question
QUESTION: the truck flashes this code and on the chart it says it is the fuel cut off solenoid. the lead in the wiring harness is dead. where does it energize from? the truck will run if i hot wire the switch

ANSWER: wire goes from shutoff solenoid to the ecm. What switch are you hot wiring the shutoff solenoid or the ignition switch?

QUESTION: i am hot wiring the fuel solonoid.i checked the wire all the way back to the ecm and it checks out ok . the voltage on the lead is 3.4 volts checked when not connected. voltage falls to nothing with a test light connected

Answer
I've had a problem similar to this on a ism engine follow the power wire for your computer that goes direct to your battery check the wire and wiggle all your plugs and check fuses. On the ism it had a weatherpack connector that would be fine just sitting still but on the road when you would hit a bump that connector would lose contact and cut power to the computer. If you cant find anything there I can. start giving you the diagnostic steps off of cummins troubleshooting. Also make sure that's the only wire connected to the shutoff solenoid that's one of the first things cummins has you check for.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm