Truck Repair/Fuel pump

Question
How do I turn up the fuel pump on my dump Truck  it is a C 8500 Chevrolet 1998 model? Every time I have a load in it it just seems like it looses all its power when I get going up a hill ,it seems to loose more power than it should .can you please help me

Answer
what engine does it have? Just the basics of a diesel I would check is if its turbo charged I would make sure that the wastegate isn't stuck. Then with the truck running I would take a squirt bottle with soapy water and spray all the intake connections and the air to air cooler if it has one to see if theres any leaks. If its running rought probably wouldn't hurt to adjust the valves and make sure all your injectors are firing.  After that the only thing to do is pull off the pump and take it to a diesel rebuilder and they can turn it up for you. Depending on the pump valves inside might need changed or governor weights to get more power out of it and you might have to step up to a bigger injector too. This a recent problem or something you've always noticed and just getting tired of it.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm