Truck Repair/ISX dies

We have a ISX dpf motor 2009 wont stay running starts might run 1 min might run 25 mins when it shuts down cycle the key it will start right back up.HELP HELP had this unit in 2 shops today no codes cant fix they claim

i would check your power wire for the ecm from the battery on up to the ecm sounds like a wire issue there could be a rub spot could be a bad wire inside that gets a little heated and looses connection. Or could be  a bad connection. Does it trip any check engine light or codes?

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.