Truck Repair/Question

Good day
With reference to conducting a daily inspection for a truck electrical system that checks battery, alternator, starter and other electrical components.
Where can I find a program or general procedure on how to carry out a daily electrical inspection before the truck runs each day.
What tools, systems etc. do you recommend that would allow a non electrican but instead a truck operator to carry out these electrical inspections.

As a driver myself the things i looked for on my walkaround. was check all my lights function properly. Grab ahold of the battery cables at the battery and give them a tug to make sure their tight, same with the starter and alternator. Also will want to check your alternator belt make sure its good and tight and that its not cracked or frayed. If you want to take it a little further you can make sure connections are not green from corrosion and if they are take the connection apart and clean them with a wire brush and i like to use a battery spray to prohibit corrosion on the battery, starter, and alternator. For wire connections you could use dielectric grease or a wire spray. Thats about the most you can do until a light is triggered in your dash telling you theres a problem.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.