Truck Repair/cummins n14

QUESTION: I have fuel problem can't get fuel to my filter housing i fill filter and it will move it to injector line and i can keep it running until filter is empty but wont pick it up from tank and it has vacuum because i hand tight filter after running it gets tight that i have to use filter wrench to losing it up to fill again and blew air line from filter to fuel tank no blockage

ANSWER: Is your filter before the fuel pump or after if its before I would first take and hook a suction line from a bucket to the pump and see if your motor runs if it does then would take the line off going into the filter and run it out of a bucket if everything works there I would say you have a pickup tube broke or sucking air if it doesn't then most filter heads have a check ball in them same as the pump I would say you have one of those sticking. another thing you might check is if you have cloth braded fuel lines they could be collapsing.

QUESTION: New hose, new pump,no ball in filter housing , filter before pump,all lines filled with diesel and have manual pump pumping into it while cranking

Whats sticking in my head is something wrong with the pickup tube in the tank. Think your going to have to play process of elimination. unhook the suction out of the pump and hook a hose up out of a bucket. If it runs hook it all back up then repeat for the line coming into your filter housing. then move back to the next connection til you get to the point it acts up.  

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.