Truck Repair/3406 b break in

Bill wrote at 2015-02-17 16:28:57
If an engine like that is fresh and you have put 15-40 oil in it, the worst thing you can do is baby it. There will be moly or probably super moly rings in it. It takes heat to seat the rings and the only way to get that heat is to put it to work and drive it the way its going to be driven. The first 10 -20,000 is crucial. Leaving it idling for extended periods is the worst thing you can do.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.