Truck Repair/freightliner fault code

Question
QUESTION: I have a 2007 freightliner century. all lights work except for the running tail lights. they work as blinkers and turn signals and stop lights, but wont come on as running lights. what could be the problem?

ANSWER: You can check your fuse panel to make sure but all your marker lights should be on the same fuse. Easiest thing to start is on your passenger side frame rail should be around the back of the cab there will be two connectors unplug those and with your lights on see if you have power there if you do then your problem is on towards the back of the truck. more then likely there is a broken wire somewhere. would check around where your lights plug in check those pins and the buddle of wires by the lights before it starts down the frame rail that's where they normally break at.

QUESTION: my 2007 freightliner century with a 60 series Detroit is giving me fault code: calib 128 411 13. do you know what this means?

ANSWER: 128 is your engine 411 13 is delta p sensor or differential pressure sensor. Location of that is passenger side you will see a rectangular box sitting on the thermostat housing with two pipes that travel straight down. Could be those pipes are plugged with soot, sensor could be bad, or a programming issue.

QUESTION: is that sensor inside the rectangular box? or is that box the sensor?if the sensor is bad, or the pipes have soot, what damage will it do to the engine?

Answer
the rectangular box is the sensor it will be held down with two bolts a electrical plug and couple O-rings underneath it. It won't cause any engine damage but your also not going to run at peak performance. If your trying to eliminate a shop visit you could disconnect the two pipes on both ends and blow air through the pipes. Sensor is relatively easy to change you could do that yourself too.  

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm