Truck Repair/cummins n14 engine

I have a 2000 international with a cummins n-14 engine. The truck drove fine all the way to Tampa, Fl then all of a sudden the truck just cut off. Thought the truck was out of fuel we added fuel changed the fuel filter and the truck ran fine for about 5 hours then the truck kept shutting itself off every 10 miles sometimes it would start right up other times if you let the truck sit for about thirty minutes it would start up and run for about 10 miles and shut itself off.  We got it checked out and the repair guy said that it was showing voltage codes but the alternator was charging. He cleared the codes and the truck ran for about 45 minutes and started all over again...Please Help

If you have a volt meter on your dash verify that it is charging but I believe probably what his code was saying that you have a voltage problem to the ecm. sounds like a bad wire and when that wire heats up it loses contact. would follow the small computer wires off your batteries check for corrosion, fuses rub spots.  

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.