Truck Repair/Loss of power while driving

Question
Had cruise control set at 59mph. It kicked off, I accelerated up to 59 and reset. 20 minutes later it did it again, but this time, when I accelerated, it was as if there was no throttle response. It only lasted for a few seconds, then I had power again. I left the cruise off, used the throttle. About 60mph, 20 minutes later, it happened again, but this time~the speedometer gauge dropped, and I heard a faint air pressure sound from under the hood (Like when you turn the key on initially) 3 times. It slowed to 40 mph, and RPM's were fine. Then, it suddenly kicked back up again. Ran fine til I stopped. Once I was stopped, I checked gauges, fluids, etc...and everything is fine. I'm at a loss as to why this is happening. It starts right back up, as well.

Answer
What year, make and engine we talking about. could be a wire has a bad spot causing it to short out. could be with your speedometer dropping off the tailshaft speed sensor. freightliner ties cruise into the air supply with a relay valve under the dash. Might check your fuse panel they like to use breakers instead of fuses they are same width as a fuse just taller if you don't know if the breaker gets weak it will cut off every now and again. If that's the case you can replace the breaker with the same size fuse.  

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm