Truck Repair/Putting an eaton 8speed gearbox on a cummins m11celect engin

Question
I have a tipper truck and it has a cat 3126e engine but I decided to change it and put a cummins m11 celect engine,wanted to ask if the eaton 8 speed gear box I had on the 3126 can work on the m11 engine and  am I making the right move of removing the 3126for the m11.

Answer
if its the newer cummins with egr we have had alot of problems with leaking oil mainly from the rocker box gasket. as for the transmission working with it as long as all the bell housing matches you should be ok worse you would have to do is find a bell housing to mount up to it. I think the cat is a little more reliable myself but parts are getting more expensive. cummins is pretty reliable and parts are a little cheaper. might even consider a 60 series detroit or a cummins n-14. unless if you already have the m-11

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm