Truck Repair/Batteries for a 97 Freightliner fl60

Need to know what way the battery's hook up ! Please and thank U!

You should have a 12 volt system. Freightliner has their batteries two ways on the frame rail or behind the cab between the frame rails. On the frame rail with your batteries in a line get a positive and negative battery bar or you can make up short cables. go from positive to positive and negative to negative to link all the batteries together. then you will have a positive cable that goes to your starter hook to positive and a negative from the starter hook to negative doesn't matter which battery on both. You should also have a small computer wire hook that to positive. If your batteries are between the frame rails with two batteries on each side of the driveshaft. Freightliner has cables mad for that or you can make your own. Do the same thing positive to positive and negative to negative to link all the batteries together then hot starter wire to positive ground starter wire to negative then computer wire to positive.
If you don't have a 12 volt system which you should let me know and i'll tell you how to do 6 volt or 24 volt.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm

I Can answer any question pertaining to semi trucks and trailers. Have no experience in the automotive field so not able to help in that area.

My experiences in Semi Trucks is. I own my own truck and i presntly maintain a 80 truck fleet. Can handle any questions pertaining to a truck have tore apart and rebuilt every aspect on them. Fleet I deal with is Mainly Volvo trucks and a handful of freightliners. Work on automated transmissions on a daily basis along with carrier apu's. With engines my specialty is the 60 series Detroit but do work on the cummins isx the n-14 and the ism. and also the Volvo engines.

Have a College Degree from university of northwestern ohio in diesel and agriculture mechanics. Have 10 years behind the wheel driving a truck and 4 years working on trucks full time. Also have grown up on a farm so have been tinkering on trucks and tractors all my life.

I've gone through online schooling and have received certificates from webb wheel, Timken and Volvo academy.