Truck Repair/cummins ism lost oil pres

Question
QUESTION: I at have a 2000 Volvo with a ism in it, the motor started fine the other day at 20degrees but I went to start it today at 12degrees it wouldn't. I jumped it and plugged in the block harmer I had to crank it for a while (10 seconds usually takes 5) and when it started it had zero oil pressure. I let it run for about 5 seconds and it never budged. Can I test the sensor or did the cold oil break the pump? Hate to tow it to the shop over a snsor

ANSWER: more then likely the oil pressure sensor is bad I would just replace it. The price is cheap enough for it wouldn't even test it just replace it. If you put the new sensor in and have no oil pressure still then I would take out the sensor and put a gauge in place of it to double check.

QUESTION: Any idea where the sensor is located? Id like to pull it tomorrow so Monday when I go to the dealer I have it in hand just to make sure its the same.

Answer
Ive not changed one on a ism but they are located on the driver side of the engine. I did a internet search and it says its up by the compressor. the n-14 and the isx are located about midway between the front to back of the block if that gives you a general location.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm