Truck Repair/clutch

Question
I just purchased a "07" international 9400i. I was told it need a clutch but found the linkage cross shaft on the firewall seized. Removed and cleaned/greased and now works very well. Just wondering if there is a way to measure clutch travel to determine clutch wear. truck going to west texas oil fields to work where repair is very expensive so now would be the time to fix but only if needed.

Answer
I'm guessing what you freed up was the shaft that is connected up by your firewall to the arm that comes off your transmission. If thats the case and you still don't have free pedal the next step i would do is adjust the clutch up underneath. There are two style clutches one has a spring loaded adjuster that takes a 5/8 socket. The other is one that just has a indicator that tells you how much wear. The second style you can't adjust if there is no free travel most you can do is adjust the linkage and thats just buying time. The first style adjust the spring loaded adjuster until you have about 1 1/2" free travel on the pedal. Will turn it counter clockwise. Then with the pedal all the way down make sure the throwout bearing is touching the clutch brake.

Truck Repair

Jeff Drumm